Pesco-Vegan | Gluten-Free | OMS-Friendly
- Quarter green cabbage, finely shredded
- Quarter red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 medium carrot, grated or julienned
- Generous handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped (and fresh mint if you have it around)
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed thoroughly
- One spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup of raw almonds, roasted gently in a pan
- 500g salmon (smoked or for OMS, fresh fillets) to serve
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp seeded mustard
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the almonds by adding them to a small amount of oil to coat, in a hot pan. Watch. Don’t let them burn, but when they become fragrant, remove. Set aside.
- Shred the cabbage and carrot using a mandolin – fine slices are much nicer to eat than thicker ones you get with a knife.
- Chop the parsley (and mint) and spring onion finely.
- Add all coleslaw ingredients to a large bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients, and stir well with a fork.
- Pour dressing and almonds into coleslaw, and combine.
- Lay salmon (smoked or fresh) on the side of the plate, and serve with the coleslaw. The salmon is obviously optional, but makes a great flavour-match with the chickpeas and almonds.
This salad saves well for several days in the fridge.