Gluten-free | Low-FODMAP | Pesco-vegan
- 300g (1 average snapper fillet size) firm white-flesh fish
- 2 green-blue swimmer crabs (around 200g each)
- 4 Tbsp strong onion-infused olive oil
- 5cm knob of fresh ginger, chopped coarsely
- 2 Tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass (white part only), thinly sliced
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped (or to taste)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 6 green prawns, peeled and cleaned (you can leave head and tail on, or just tails and use heads for low-FODMAP prawn stock)
- 750ml low-FODMAP fish or prawn stock
- 1 cup canned coconut cream
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce or to taste (salty corner)
- 2 limes, juiced (or to taste, sour corner)
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, coarsely chopped, to serve
- Cut fish into bite-sized pieces and put to one side.
- Remove outside shell and gills of the crab, and discard. Rinse crab, cut into quarters, and put to one side.
- Add ginger, lemongrass and chilli to a mortar and pestle to a fine paste, adding garlic and 2 Tbsp of the onion oil across the course of the smashing.
- Heat olive oil in a wide pan over a medium heat, and add paste. Sweat until fragrant – 4-5 minutes usually.
- Add tomato and crab, cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Add fish, prawns and stock – enough to half-cover the seafood. Reduce heat to very low, and simmer, covered, until seafood is just cooked throuh – usually between 6-8 minutes.
- Add coconut cream, and season with fish sauce, lime juice and salt.
- Serve immediately with fresh coriander on top.