Makes 30-40 small cookies
- 3⁄4cup soft safe butter-alternative spread or olive oil
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4cup water (makes them crunchy)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup of buckwheat flour, sifted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups of raw oats
- Beat butter, sugar, egg, water and vanilla together until mixture is creamy.
- Sift in flour.
- Add salt and baking soda.
- Add oats.
- Put mixture into the fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 175C (350F)
- Use a teaspoon to dollop teaspoonfuls on a piece of greased cooking paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
You can freeze cookies in a freezer bag or eat hot.