Low-FODMAP | Gluten-Free | OMS-Friendly
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Chopped herbs of your choice (flat-leaf or curly parsley, chives)
- Baby spinach, steamed
- Freshly-ground black pepper to serve
- Optionals: use any gently-cooked vegetables or seafood of your choice – tomatoes, capsicum, prawn, smoked salmon
- Heat oil in a small nonstick frying pan over low heat. Whisk egg whites and salt, incorporating a lot of air, so the omelette is light and fluffy. Don’t prepare the egg whites in advance, or they’ll deflate.
- When the frying pan is hot, quickly pour the eggs into the frying pan, and shaking it back and forward over te element, stir for about 40 seconds with a rubber spatula.Keep the eggs moving, mixing in any runny bits and the curds that appear.
- Make sure eggs cover the entire surface of the skillet and use the spatula to block any holes that appear. Add your filling to the top surface.
- Run your spatula along one side of the omelette to loosen gently from the frying pan. Wedge spatula under the right side of the eggs, providing maximum support, and lift right side over left in one motion, creating a half-circle.
- Gently push down on omelette with the spatula to seal edges.
- When it looks ready, slide the omelette onto a plate and serve.