Pesco-Vegan | Gluten-Free | OMS-Friendly
Food for one (or an appetiser/starter plate)
- 2 slices of your bread of choice
- 1/2 clove of fresh garlic
- Cured anchovies (learn how to use anchovies here)
- Olive oil
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- A few fresh parsley or basil leaves
- A few drops of vinegar or fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Spread some olive oil on the toast, done to your liking.
- Rinse the anchovies off in cold water to get all salt and oil off the tiny fish.
- In a separate bowl, crush together an anchovy and the garlic very well, adding some olive oil, pepper, parsley or fresh basil and lemon juice or vinegar.
- Spread on warm toast.
This flavour needs to be adapted to your liking of this combination of ingredients – reduce (or increase) the garlic and anchovy until you have toast to remember. Makes a great snack, but can also be adapted for fancy dinner.