Gluten-Free | Vegan | OMS-Friendly
- 1 package of active dry yeast
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar
- ½ cup amaranth flour
- ¾ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed (linseed)
- 2 Tbsp cornmeal
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Heat the oven to 245C (475F) with the oven rack at the bottom.
- Dissolve the yeast into the warm water, combining with the agave nectar, making it white and creamy.
- Take a large bowl and add all the flours and starches, plus the flaxseed, cornmeal, xanthan gum and spices.
- Make a hole in the middle and add the yeast, oil and vinegar, mixing the wet and dry ingredients to make dough. Set aside for 20 minutes, covered.
- Put dough onto an oiled baking sheet and flatten out. Brush with olive oil and stab some holes in the dough with a fork.
- Bake the dough for about 5 minutes until it starts to brown, and starts to become crispy, as this helps to keep the toppings tasty and in place.
- Remove from the oven and add toppings.
- Return to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.