Vegan | Gluten-Free | OMS-Friendly
Makes 500g (1 and 1/4 lb)
- 400g (14oz) can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), washed and drained (rinse well to get all foam off)
- 2 Tbsp unhulled tahini
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped roughly
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients except salt and pepper to a blender. Blitz on high speed until the mixture is almost smooth in consistency.
- Add salt and pepper according to taste, and blitz again for 10 seconds.
Hummus is used as a Middle Eastern dip or spread, and can be eaten with fresh, raw carrot, celery, and cucumber with pitta bread. It is also spelt ‘hummous’.