Vegan | Gluten-Free | OMS-Friendly
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stems removed, finely shredded
- Half a green cabbage, finely shredded
- Quarter of a red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 purple onion, finely shredded
- Half a bunch of mint (good sized)
- 1 lime, juiced
Ingredients – Macadamia and Lemon Mayonnaise
- 1 cup of soaked macadamias (soak in spring water for 25-40 mins)
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 medium, ripe mango, finely diced
- 1/2 large Lebanese cucumber, peeled and deseeded
- 4 leaves of coriander or Italian parsley, finely shredded
- 1 spring onion, finely diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Garnish with a few shredded mint leaves and/or some sprouts
Method – Coleslaw
- Kale needs a little bit of tempering – it’s a rough leaf, so squeeze and massage the shredded kale to soften.
- Add ingredients into a large bowl and combine loosely. Set bowl aside.
Method – Macadamia and Lemon Mayonnaise
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy
Method – Mango-cucumber Relish
- Chop, slice, and cut up all ingredients and mix in a dish. Season with salt and the fresh lime juice.
Putting it all together
- Add the mayonnaise to the coleslaw and mix through well.
- Add the fresh lime juice and combine.
- To serve, you want to create a stack, so you’ll need a round object without a top that is whatever size seems appropriate. Cocktail sizes can be small (or even tiny!), but if you want it as a side salad for fancy dinner or lunch, you might want it a bit bigger.
- Add some coleslaw to the ring and pat it down with the back of a spoon, three quarters full (make a call!).
- Add the relish to the last quarter, and carefully remove the ring.
- Garnish with sprouts and shredded mint leaves.