Pesco-Vegan | Low-FODMAP | Gluten-Free | OMS-Friendly
Food for one (or an appetiser/starter plate)
- 2 slices of your bread of choice (sourdough is excellent for LF, but find GF bread that is not cakey)
- Cured (salted) anchovies, salt and oil rinsed off in cold water (learn how to use anchovies here)
- Olive oil (and if you want garlic-infused oil you can also add this for extra flavour)
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- A few fresh parsley or basil leaves
- A few drops of vinegar or fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Spread some olive oil on the toast, done to your liking.
- Rinse the anchovies off in cold water to get all salt and oil off the tiny fish.
- With a fork, squish the tiny fish so it spreads as much as you can over the surface of the toast.
- Add freshly-ground black pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon, and sprinkle the chopped herbs on top.
Makes a great snack, but can also be adapted for fancy dinner.