Pesco-Vegan | Low-FODMAP | Gluten-Free
- 2 Tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- Large knob of ginger, peeled and finely shredded
- 3 small red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 125ml/4fl oz low-FODMAP tomato sauce
- 75ml/3fl oz low-FODMAP sweet chilli sauce
- 75ml/3fl oz hoisin sauce
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 large crabs
- In a hot wok, add 1 Tbsp garlic-infused olive oil, ginger and chillies, stir-frying for 2 minutes.
- Whisk the tomato, sweet chilli, hoisin and fish sauces together, then add in 75ml/3floz water and the caster sugar.
- Add to the wok and bring to the boil.
- Add the crab claws then reduce the heat and simmer covered for 3-4 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly and the crab is hot through. The crab needs to be stirred regularly so the temperature is even throughout the crab’s body.
Serves 2 or 4 (1-2 crabs each)
To make eating crab easier, get a seafood-eating kit that has the long pronged forks to get inside the crab claws and legs, and the shell-crackers (or a nut cracker works the same).