Low-FODMAP | Gluten-Free | Vegan | OMS-Friendly
- 6-8 leaves of Tuscan kale, finely shredded (see below)
- Quarter green cabbage, finely shredded
- Quarter red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 medium carrot, grated or julienned
- Generous handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup of soaked raw macadamia nuts (set aside first)
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 1/2 cup of freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp garlic-infused oil
Cut the crunchy spines out of the kale by rolling up several leaves at a time, spines out. Finely shred using a mandolin or other similar device, or simply cut very, very thin. Don’t scrimp on time here – the fine quality is what makes this salad beautiful.
Add all coleslaw ingredients to a large bowl.
For the dressing, soak the nuts for 15-20 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients. Whiz in a blender with the other dressing ingredients to a creamy paste. If it gets too gluggy after waiting around for too long, add a smidgeon of water or lemon juice to dilute slightly.
Add all ingredients together and mix well. Serve.
This salad saves well for several days in the fridge.