Pesco-vegan | Gluten-free | OMS-friendly | Low-FODMAP
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 small piece of sliced ginger or galangal
- 850ml fish stock
- 175g thin rice noodles
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 300g raw wild prawns, tails on, heads removed (can use for stock)
- 200g (7oz) skinless salmon fillet, cubed
- 4 spring onions (green parts only), chopped
- 1 handful of coriander leaves, torn
- 1 handful of mint leaves, torn
- 2 limes, juiced
- Add the coriander seeds and galangal/ginger into a pot.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice noodles according to the directions on the packet. Drain. Keep warm.
- Return stock to the boil, and add fish sauce, chillies, and garlic-infused olive oil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the prawns and salmon, then return to simmer, cooking gently for 5 minutes or until both fish and prawns are just cooked.
- Add spring onion greens, herbs, and lime juice to taste.
- To serve, divide the noodles between soup bowls, and using a slotted spoon, pick out the prawns and fish, and put on the noodles.
- Pour the hot stock into the bowls and serve.