Low-FODMAP | Gluten-Free | Pesco-Vegan | OMS
- 30ml garlic- and onion-infused olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and finely chopped
- 400g can of tomatoes (diced, chopped, whole)
- 1.5 litres fish/prawn/shellfish stock (or use dashi and fish sauce)
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 1 dry bay leaf
- 10cm strip lemon rind, halved
- 1kg skinless fish fillets and/or other seafood, cut into 2-4cm chunks
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp chilli paste
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the capsicum, stirring, for 10 minutes or until capsicum softens.
- Add the tomato, fish stock, saffron, bay leaf, lemon rind and chilli paste. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until soup thickens somewhat.
- Add the fish and/or seafood and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until fish is just cooked.
- Serve with basil and freshly-ground black pepper sprinkled on top. Serve immediately.