Low-FODMAP | Gluten-Free | Pesco-Vegan | OMS-Friendly
- 4 whole flounder, cleaned by your fishmonger
- Sea salt and freshly-ground pepper
- Rice or corn flour for coating fish
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Nuttelex or other salty, buttery spread, divided (or olive oil)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 small bottle of capers
- Wash fillets in cold water, pat dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover fillets in flour of your choice.
- Place oil and 2 tablespoons Nuttelex/olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high until melted/liquid. Over a medium-high heat, cook fish on one side at a time for about 3 minutes (more or less, depending on size of fillets), until brown and crispy. Turn fish and cook on other side, about 3 minutes. Only turn once.
- Place fish onto a serving plate, turn off element but in the same frying pan, add remaining olive oil or Nuttelex and lemon juice. Pour in capers with their liquid, and whisk. Pour this delicious sauce over the top of your fish fillets, and serve, with one fish per person.