Time to make
Fast – 20 minutes
Slow – 40 minutes
Bowls, whisk, frying pan
Pancakes are best eaten immediately
- 1/2 cup almond meal and 1 cup of buckwheat flour (can also use oat flour)
- 1 tsp ground espresso
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or non-diary milk of your choice, except soy)
- 1/4 cup brewed espresso, cooled
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg alternatives (No Egg or other powdered egg substitute)
- Light olive oil for gentle frying
Espresso Fruit Paste
- 6-8 pieces of FODMAP-friendly fruits, chopped (raspberry, stewed rhubarb, strawberry)
- 2 tbsp brewed espresso (hot)
- 1/2 tsp raw cacao powder
- Brew espresso for pancakes, fruit paste and for a cup.
- Make the fruit paste by mixing up the fruit, hot espresso and cacao powder in a bowl. Put aside.
- To make the pancake mixture, mix in a bowl the No Eggs as per packet instructions to make up two eggs, vanilla, milk alternative (almond, oat, macadamia) and maple syrup.
- Separately, mix together the almond meal and buckwheat flour and ground espresso beans, then mix into the wet ingredients. Stir in cool espresso.
- Heat up your frying pan with a splash of oil, and cook your pancakes on each side until bubbly and firm, with all mixture slightly firmed.
This recipe brought to you by pesco-vegan.com, where your weird diet combos are taken care of.