Low-FODMAP | Gluten-Free | Pesco-Vegan
- 10 or so large green prawns, shells on (or equivalent thereof)
- 4 Tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (if you have it)
- 15cm of finely-chopped celery
- 3 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli
- quarter of a roasted butternut pumpkin
- 250g arborio rice
- 1 litre low-FODMAP prawn stock
- Cook prawns any way you like – boil, fry, BBQ. If you boil them, drain water thoroughly.
- In a heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat add the oil, then add the carrots and celery. Stir often and allow to soften for 10 minutes or so. Don’t let it brown.
- Add the rice to the oil and stir until glossy.
- Add the stock one ladle-full at a time, stirring continuously. Take your time – the rice is releasing starch which will make your risotto creamy. The stirring allows the rice to cook evenly.
- When the risotto starts to splutter, it is about ready, however you will have to taste-test the rice to see. (It is advisable to learn about making perfect risotto before you start!)
- Chop the prawns into chunks and stir through.
- Keep tasting your risotto and season to taste with salt and freshly-ground black pepper.
- Add salad of your choice, and you have a meal.