Low-FODMAP | Gluten-Free | Pesco-Vegan | OMS-Friendly
Time to prepare and cook: 45 minutes
- 4 Tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 small capsicum (pepper), chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large white fish fillets
- 20 squid rings
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander (cilantro) and Italian parsley to serve
- Lime juice to serve
- In a large pot, heat the garlic-infused olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add chilli, carrot and celery, and saute until carrots are slightly tender and celery becomes clearer.
- Add pepper for one minute, then add tomato sauce, tomatoes, wine and oregano and basil. Boil gently, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 3o minutes.
- Once reduced slightly, stir in seafood. Any seafood will do – fish and calamari are only suggestions. Cook for about 8 or so minutes, or until fish flakes. Spread fish around the pot to mix, and serve with fresh coriander and Italian (continental) parsley.