Pesco-Vegan | Low-FODMAP | Gluten-Free | OMS-Friendly
- 2 tablespoons of onion-infused olive oil (strong)
- 1 tablespoon of onion-infused olive oil (strong)
- 1 medium stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, with juice
- 250ml vegan low-FODMAP chicken stock or prawn stock
- 170ml/6oz tomato paste
- Half a cup of dry white wine or water
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tsp dried Italian herbs
- Quarter tsp sugar, or another sweetener of your choice (or omit)
- Quarter tsp crushed red chilli flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1kg of marinara seafood mix (or equivalent seafood that you have on hand)
- Quarter cup of chopped, fresh parsley
- In a slow cooker, combine infused oils, celery, tomatoes, prawn or other stock, tomato paste, wine or water, vinegar, oil, Italian herbs, sugar, pepper flakes and bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on high setting for four hours.
- Stir in seafood.
- Reduce heat setting to low then cover and cook an additional 30 to 45 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Just before serving, remove and discard bay leaf. Stir in parsley.