Vegan | Low-FODMAP | Gluten-Free | OMS-Friendly
Time to make
Fast – 40 minutes
Slow – 1 hour
Big frying pan or casserole dish, chopping board, knife, food processor
Store sauce in a glass container. Put in the fridge and use within one week.
Ingredients for sauce
- 2 carrots
- 1 leek (only the green part)
- 1/4 fennel
- 3 cm parsnip
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp oregano
- 1-2 Tbsp basil
- 150g Quorn or tofu or other vegan protein (optional)
- 3-6 Tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- Wheat-free pasta of your choice (buckwheat, spelt)
Ingredients for topping
- Small handful of pine nuts
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1-3 pinches salt
- Chop the carrots, leek, fennel and parsnip into 0.5 cm cubes.
- Using a big frying pan, heat the garlic-infused olive oil and mix in the chopped vegetables. Saute for about 8 minutes.
- Add in the Quorn or vegan soy protein. Continue to fry until cooked.
- Pour in the canned tomatoes. Add sugar and spices. Boil for about 20 minutes.
- Put pine nuts, yeast and salt into a food processor and grind until smooth.
- Mix sauce in your favourite pasta and top with the vegan topping.