Pesco-vegan | Low-FODMAP | Gluten-free | OMS-friendly
- 6 cups fish or prawn stock
- 12 raw prawns (shrimp), shells, heads and tails removed (use heads for stock)
- Seafood of your choice – fresh mussels, scallops, crab, sliced fish fillet (about a handful of each)
- 1 stalk minced lemongrass
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 4 Tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tsp galangal or ginger, grated
- 1 medium tomato, in wedged eighths
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped roughly
- Add stock, lemongrass and lime leaves into a large pot over a medium-high heat. Boil.
- Add garlic oil, galangal/ginger and chilli, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add seafood and tomato, then simmer over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, or until prawns are pink and plump, and mussels are open. Fish should be firm and opaque.
- Reduce heat to low and add coconut milk, fish sauce, soy sauce, lime juice and sugar. Stir well, then gently simmer (don’t boil) until hot.
- Taste test for salt and spice, and add more fish sauce for saltiness if required. Add chilli if needed. If it’s too sour, add sugar. If it’s too spicy or you want it creamier, add more coconut milk. If it’s too salty, add lime.
- Serve with fresh coriander sprinkled on top, and if you want, add some chilli sauce.