Vegan | Gluten-Free | OMS-Friendly
Cook time to make: 8 hours
Tools needed: dehydrator
Ingredients – all thinly sliced for dehydrator
- 2 large carrots
- 2 medium parsnips
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 large potato
- 1 large onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 large mushrooms
- 2 leaves of cabbage (red or green)
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp dill (dry)
- 1/2 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1/3 tsp ground nutmeg
- Rinse all your vegetables to remove any moulds, bacteria and dirt. Using a paper towel, pat dry to reduce the effort your dehydrator has to go to.
- Across 6 or so dehydrator sheets, set out the thinly-sliced vegetables in a single layer.
- Set your dehydrator for about 60C (135F) for an hour, and afterwards reduce to 45C (115F) for another 5-6 hours. Check the potato, carrot, parsnip and parsley every hour, as they take less time than other wetter vegetables like tomatoes and onions.
- Remove any completely dry vegetables as they become ready, and once they are all done, cool.
- Add all the dried vegetables to a food processor and combine until they are slightly finer than fine breadcrumbs. Stir through the seasoning.
Tips: Use organic veges – they not only don’t have any pesticide residue, but they usually have more densely-packed nutrients, and therefore more flavour.
Storage: an airtight jar in a cupboard is best. Use within 3 months.