Vegan | Gluten-Free | OMS-Friendly
- 500g of finely-chopped long fresh red chillies, stalks removed
- 3 cups of white vinegar
- 3 cups of caster sugar
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Add half the chillies to a food processor.
- Halve and deseed the remaining chillies, chopping roughly, then adding to the food processor.
- Chop and add garlic.
- Add 250ml of white vinegar, and process thoroughly.
- Combine the chilli mixture with the rest of the vinegar and castor sugar in a large pot over a low heat, then cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for about half an hour (30-40 minutes) or until thickened.
Storage: put into sterilised airtight containers and seal (preserved) or store in fridge and use.