Vegan | Gluten-Free | OMS
- 2 medium (or larger) sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (160g) diced onion
- 8oz (225g) tempeh, cut into squares ¾ to 1 inch (2 to 2.5cm) thick
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Quarter cup (60ml) of vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups (about 150g) tightly-packed chopped kale, Swiss chard, or collard greens
- Pinch of red chilli flakes
- Sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Stab the sweet potatoes a couple of times with a fork then lay on a baking sheet. Bake for 35-45
minutes – they should be tender, but not sloppy or mushy. Cool for 15 minutes. You can also cook the sweet potato other ways – boil then grill, steam – whatever you prefer the flavours of/have time for.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into ½-inch (1.3cm) cubes. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over
- Add the onion and sauté until the onion turns slightly golden-brown.
- Add the tempeh and sauté to a golden brown. After this you can either leave the tempeh separate, or mush it all in together a bit as you add the sweet potato.
- Add the sweet potatoes, turmeric, paprika, broth, tamari, and mustard, then mash the potatoes somewhat and combine all ingredients.
- Add the greens to the pan, stirring occasionally, until they wilt.
- Stir in the chilli flakes then season with salt and pepper to taste.
Best served immediately.