- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced into half-moons
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- A pinch of cayenne pepper (to your taste)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- Saute onion and spices (excluding the mustard seeds) in olive oil over a medium heat.
- Once onion has softened, add the mustard seeds but be careful not to burn them – they turn bitter.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes, or until the tomato is soft and looks like chutney.